Tuesday, February 22, 2011

At a loss for words about hA1c

That was a rough weekend.

Stress and diabetes do not work so well together; first having the extreme low on Saturday then getting myself all worked up about an appointment to have my blood drawn on Tuesday morning. A diabetic should have their blood drawn on a regular basis(minimum every 6 months but preferably every 3) to make sure the HA1c is within normal range. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycated_hemoglobin

Only after living with diabetes for over 20 years; I get a little(okay a lot) of anxiety over a little needle in the(my) arm. Ive had some "bad experiences" but we wont dwell on that, at least not today. I get anxious just going into a hospital. So on Sunday, my voice decided to go out on me!!!!!!

First dealing with the low sugar, then I lose my voice for the rest of the weekend!!! I pinned it down again to the cold I had last week but after thinking about it today I realized I lost my words due to stress. Stress does strange things to a body, even more so for us who have to care for our diabetes.

So here's a deep breath, and a look forward to a calm week ahead, and the sugars are behaving better for the moment.

Oh and p.s. the blood draw went really well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment